CAUSES OF FADING
Kool Vue Transparent Film Solar Shades are similar to sunglasses. These thermal shades control solar heat, glare, and fading in the summer and reduce heat loss in the winter. Film solar roller shades provide daytime privacy only with full vision out to the street. Rooms stay bright throughout the day.
- Raise and lower the blinds daily. The movement will prevent dirt from building up.
- Dust the shade with a feather duster or soft cloth to maintain maximum clarity. The top of the shade is the front. To clean the top section, simply roll the shade up. To dust the next section, just roll down and dust until shade is fully extended.
- Fingerprints are easy to remove with a lemon based cleaner, called Goo-Gone, applied to a soft cloth. Goo-Gone can be found in home improvement stores across Canada and is not toxic.
- While cleaning, try to leave the shade in brackets. This will avoid the need for handling and reinstalling shades. If you must remove the shade from brackets for cleaning make sure that the work surface is flat, smooth, and clean.
- Should the shades be markedly dirty (after dusting), wash them with a mild detergent and a soft cloth. Use sufficient liquid to wash away the dirt deposits without scratching the shade surface. You should be able to dry the shades while they are fully extended; water drains easily from the vertical surface.
- Blot dry the shades with a soft cloth and lightly polish to remove water spots. Do not forget to dry the Decor Bar bottom and the roller as well.